Saturday, May 16, 2015

First Amendment...

Hi Hi loyal reader (me),
As a point of record, it has been suggested to me at work that in my official capacity, I do not have a prerogative to state my opinion specifically on certain matters.  Cue Blog link... If that is the case, and I am sad to say that it is probably closer to the truth than I would prefer, I like to post my opinions here for those who care to know what they are.  I have briefly mentioned my opinion previously about homosexuality, and while I am not a debating type of person, i would like to expound it a little further here.  Before I begin, I preface that sin has many faces and there are many issues I find morally wrong.  In that regard, I would like mention that many well meaning folks take issue with homosexuality while ignoring other morally wrong practices.  In many ways, it is like following fads.  Now, I do not like to consider one moral issue at the expense of others, and I do not claim to be perfect and sinless.  I also do not like to consider something ok if it isn't.  I have previously discussed the existence of God: http://reallyinsertquestionmarkhere.blogspot.com/2014/08/wow-this-is-getting-good.html and http://reallyinsertquestionmarkhere.blogspot.com/2014/08/general-revelation.html
With that being said, let's also consider that God has defined and therefore given us a standardized "yardstick" for right and wrong.  God says homosexuality is abomination.  I did not say that.  I simply deliver the message.  The message is not "you are a wicked homosexual", but "God loves you and wants to save you" just like he wants to save all men.  Before sinners can be saved, they must see their need to be saved: http://reallyinsertquestionmarkhere.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-reply.html and http://reallyinsertquestionmarkhere.blogspot.com/2014/08/just-thought-of-this.html.  I know I am including alot of links to previous posts... It is easier than retyping it all...

I do not wish to expound this next point other than making reference to the days of Noah and how men's thoughts were evil continually.  I have a working theory that when you remove the foundation of the Bible and taking a stand for the measure of righteousness as the standard for moral behavior, the tendency in society is to stretch beyond the prevalent norm of morality.  It is that natural tendency to appall those conventions of morality.  Over time these stretches become the "new normal" and a new morality develops, therefore deeper perversion and depravity drives to stretch further those limits... and so on...  This progression of depravity has consequences I won't discuss for now, but suffice it to say that we have a warning in scripture: (Hos 8:7 KJV) 7 For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.
In the event that you find my theory ludicrous, consider a few cases.  Consider what was considered modesty standards of dress 100 years ago and how it changed over the years to present day.  Next, consider the digression of decency standards over the past 60 years in television and the rating of movies.  It is my contention that acceptance of homosexuality is an example of this progression of depravity.  Furthermore, I suspect that further atrocities and perversions will follow that we can not even imagine once homosexuality has cuckooed its way into society as normal.
Finally, homosexuality is a perversion... here is what I found online:
per·ver·sion
pərˈvərZHən/
noun
noun: perversion; plural noun: perversions
  1. 1.
    the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.
    "all great evil is the perversion of a good"
    synonyms:distortionmisrepresentationfalsificationtravesty, misinterpretation,misconstruction, twisting, corruption, subversion, misuse,misapplication, debasement
    "a twisted perversion of the truth"
Homosexuality is unnatural.  Consider the biological processes of human sexuality.  It is the natural process for the perpetuation of the human race.  (This is my definition).  So when you change the natural function of sexuality, it becomes unnatural or perversion.  That should be simple enough.  This is why it is abominable... This is also Bible.

So now what? since the Bible condemns such behavior, does that mean the Bible should be outlawed?  I believe I have addressed that above.  
Now, as I have also mentioned previously, just as those who support homosexuality demand they are within their rights to be or support homosexuality, I have a right to have  my views.  Tragically, it would appear that those who glorify homosexuality are now demanding my approval of their behavior by consenting to the legalization of their marriage.  Why else would you want to marry?  Being together has no bearing on that especially since marriage has more to do with the religious significance (also found in scripture) than with your relationship with your... partner.  My point is, you "How dare..." me and say who do I think I am, etc... and you are the hypocrite to question why I don't accept your morality while in the same breath you refuse to accept mine.  You demand equality, but refuse to give equality.  You equate your "life choice" with race or gender and that is ludicrous since no one chose what race or gender they were born.  You say you were born that way, and I tell you we were all born sinners and born with a choice.  For you to tell me homosexuality is not a choice but the way you were born, I can only shake my head to see how far depravity has progressed to have convinced you of such a blinding deceit.  I assure you that I do not intend to try to convince or change you.  I can only deliver the message I was sent to deliver.  I have my opinion, yet you want to shoot the messenger.  I refuse to submit to that hypocrisy.
I think that this is a fuller explanation of my opinion on this topic...

I will conclude by noting that truth is absolute.  Truth is still truth whether or not you believe it to be true.  Can you think of some examples?  Bumble bees still fly whether you believe it is scientifically impossible or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment