Friday, May 8, 2015

Why I chose Biology 101

Hi Hi,
I knew the topic would arise.  I hoped for the opportunity to give folks something to think about.  It is nothing new, but here is my version of it...

The question is summarized as..

Do you think Human evolution is ongoing? Can you name any such organ system in humans that you think must have evolved in recent times?

Here is my response:

Hi Class,
Before answering this question, I would like to highlight that it begins with “Do you think…”  I will be happy to tell you I do not think human evolution is still ongoing and in fact, I do not think evolution has ever taken place.  There are simply too many unanswered questions for me to believe in evolution.  Here are a few of my questions.  If evolution is true, which race is most evolved?  Adolph Hitler believed in evolution.  He became one of the staunchest racists in history and systematically murdered millions of Jews.  If human evolution is true and we evolved from apes, why do apes still exist?  Natural selection would dictate that they would have died off.  If evolution is true, how was the existence of dinosaurs known before 1841?  Consider that virtually every culture around the world has some form of legend about dragons.  The fantasy concept of dragons is far too similar to what we today call dinosaurs to so easily dismiss that they could not possibly be the same type of creature.  If evolution is true, where is the evidence in fossils of transition species, or the "missing links" between lower and higher forms?  If evidence of lower forms exists, where is the existence of transition forms?  One species considered to be a transition form from very early in the evolution timeline is the Coelacanth.  Here is video footage of a live Coelacanth (https://youtu.be/4jl_txxYQEA), and this brings an entirely new level of difficulty to the validity of evolution.  The fact is there is no record of transistion species to account for the process of evolution.  One of my most compelling questions is if evolution is true, how could the RNA and DNA of the first cellular organism have formed?  Evolution is only a theory as mentioned in this video about the scientific method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKFanG5s01M&feature=youtu.be .  What I find most disturbing about evolution is that not only is it presented as a proven scientific fact, and not only are other "scientific" conclusions drawn through the citing of evolution as a fact, but students of all ages are being indoctrinated in the belief of evolution as fact.  It reminds me once again of Adolph Hitler who once said, "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it." A few final questions I have about evolution has more to do with our calendar. What year is this? When, how, and why did we measure time with seven days in a week?  Why not use a system more like the metric system?  When scientists say, "we believe", or "you just have to believe.." I am inclined to agree... it is a belief, but I simply do not share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment