Sunday, August 31, 2014

Just thought of this

I think that perhaps we as believers should either reconsider our approach or at least include a disclaimer...
Personally, I have no opinion of the choices others make in their lives.  I do however have a responsibility to proclaim the Gospel message.  I also feel I should not be made to feel apologetic for reminding folks what God says.  To be honest, in light of who God is and what he can do.  It is really more like a public service announcement, i.e. I'm doing them a favor regardless of how they feel about it.
It really makes me think of a sinking ship.  I feel responsible to let passengers know they need to evacuate the sinking ship, but they angrily tell  me not to tell them what to do.
So hate me for trying to do you a favor.
I think sometimes we take such things personally, or we become like pharisees and consider that we are somehow better that anyone else.  The truth is that we simply have an accurate perspective about eternal matters.
When we see ourselves properly, and we are hated for our message, I will try to remember what Jesus said, They will hate you because they hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment