Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The What If's

First, let me ask a few questions.  Have there ever been whites to take a stand against racism against a black person?  Before you answer, take a look at who has been involved this week.  Have there ever been blacks to take a stand against racism against a white person?  Before you answer, yes, there is racism against white people.

What if Wilson did not shoot?
What if Brown got Wilson's gun?
Would there be any news?
Would there be any protests?
Would Wilson be alive?
Are you thinking that Wilson would deserve it?
So aren't you racist to think that?
I wonder if Brown would have been caught if Wilson did not survive.
Who would care then?
Yes our country is torn apart by racism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_card

crfu.co.nz/crfuclubs/index.cfm/

http://www.diversityinc.com/ask-the-white-guy/does-playing-the-race-card-make-you-racist/
I found this particularly interesting  so I looked up racism: http://goo.gl/OYK5Wz

How would I define playing the race card?  It is making a hasty assumption or a prejudicially motivated action that claims something is racially motivated out of convenience without knowing the facts.  An example would be to say you did not receive a job offer because the interviewer is racist without any other evidence than not getting the job.  That's playing the race card.  We can say that about anything and unfortunately in pc America no one is calling folks out on it.  You say #Ferguson is about racism.  I say you are right.  It is about America turning this tragic event into a racial issue with a wholesale distribution of and slamming down the race card.  The flames are flashing as I type these words.
Should I even be involved with this?  When I see Cindy being discriminated against because she is white.  I think maybe yes.  Too long have believers sat on their laurels as our nation and liberties come crashing down around us.  I personally think it is too late, but I know who holds tomorrow, so it matters not if I know what tomorrow holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment