Saturday, March 26, 2016

Dear Skeptic Part 4 (E.P.A.W.)

I think we all get light bulb ideas in the middle of the night. Last night, I was thinking on the conflict between evolutionism & creationism. I have discovered a philosophical model that is at the core of the debate. I like to call it EPAW, and it looks something like this:
E- evidence: The evidence is the natural world & the cosmos. It got here somehow. Was it created or did it self exist?

P- problem: The single most significant application of this question is the problem of single-cell organisms; how did the first one generate? There is no answer for this  with the scientific method. It reduces to a matter of faith.

A- application: How much time do you have left in this life? Thinking about this question definitely changed for me when I reached the top of the 'hill', the human half-life. Time is a friend to no one especially if you are on the wrong side of our debate which brings us to the final branch of the model...

W- what if you are wrong? I mean what are the consequences?... It applies no matter where you find yourself in this debate.  I will let you answer this question for yourself.

I certainly hope you will clear the table of all previous notions just long enough to give this some honest consideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment